Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Did God Really Mean That?

Do you ever get discouraged when your read Proverbs 31? Do you feel overwhelmed? Do you think you will never measure up? The good thing is we don't have to measure up. Our righteousness is in Jesus Christ. However, part of living out our Set Apart life, is obedience to the Word of God. And because of our great love for our Savior, we want to honor him by living by the principles in the Bible, especially the ones in Proverbs 31. We must remember that the Holy Spirit is our guide, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you". John 14:26. If we don't depend on the Holy Spirit to guide our steps, "the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord" Psalms 37:23, we will become anxious, frustrated and overwhelmed. We must wait on the Lord to guide lead and direct us as we seek him daily.

I wasn't saved until I was 30 years old. Because of that I had many strongholds in my life. Many of the enemies lies I have believed for years. One of the great lies was from the feminist movement, that we could have it all, career, money, success. That a woman didn't need a man, much less submit to one. That is why we have to believe the whole counsel of the word of God, starting in Genesis to understand Biblical Womanhood.

By the Grace of God, he has gently and lovingly removed stronghold after stronghold in my life. He has replaced the lies of the enemy with His truth, "do not be conformed to this world be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2.

In Proverbs 31 you see a woman who does her husband good not evil all the days of her life. I must confess that I haven't always been this kind of a wife. Once the Holy Spirit revealed sin in my life I confessed it and replaced my sinful habits with Biblical habits. One day at a time. One step at a time. I am doing that is by replacing laziness with diligence.

All to Him I Owe,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment