Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Real Titus 2 Woman

                             

                            Happy Birthday Ruth Bower





                       My daughter Megan, Ruth Bower, Becky Peeples and my daughter Maisie


 It is with great joy I write my post today. Today is the birthday of my Titus 2 mentor, a Godly older woman God graciously brought into my life. Her name is Ruth Bower.

 I had prayed for ten years for a Godly older woman to mentor me. To teach me what it means to respect my husband, to love my children, to love my husband. God graciously answered my prayers six years ago when Norm and Ruth Bower moved to Eastman, Georgia.




                                                               Ruth and Norm Bower


The Bible states in Titus 2: But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. 3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

 Ruth Bower, is a Godly older woman who loves the Lord, with all her heart, all her soul, all her mind and all her strength. She trains me as we sit around my dinner table. We try to meet together once a week, with the Bible as our guide, to share our hearts, to pray together, to laugh, to cry, to "bear one another burdens". Yes, we take risk when we become transparent with one another but God has knit our hearts together in love.

 When we obey God's commands, He abundantly blesses us. When I sought out Ruth to mentor me, I never realized what Blessings would flow from that.  She has blessed our family so much. Her great love for the Lord continually flows from her lips. She praises our Savior all the day long. God's ways are good. God's way are right. There are tremendous blessings when we do things God's way.

 Ruth and her husband Norm have raised six Godly children and are the proud Grandparents of 23 (I think I got that number correct ) grandchildren. All of her children love the Lord and are growing in His Love and Grace. What a Blessing their family is to our family, our church and the Kingdom. I can't emphasize enough the blessings of a Titus 2 woman. If you don't have a Titus 2 woman in your life, find one. Start praying that God would bring you a Titus 2 woman. You and your family will be richly blessed.


                                       I love you Ruth Bower! Happy Birthday!


All to Him I Owe

Paige

1 comment:

  1. Paige, I saw your comment on my blog about gaming. I'd love to chat with you, do you want my comments here or privately? There is a "contact me" on the blog with my email address :)

    ReplyDelete